Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Doctors and Blood, Doctors and Blood

I saw the Reproductive Endocrinologist yesterday... While he says yes, thier is a problem (YOU THINK??? 3 Miscarriages in 11 months??? ) ... We have alot of blanks... we need more tests and more blood. I feel like I have no more answers than I did before the vist.

The RE Appt was for 215 (had to be thier 30 min before, got thier at 135) Didn't get out untill almost 400 ......first off, Dr Sobel is very nice .. Went over all mine and Tom's Past medical history. He said with the blood work I have had done, he can not exclude nor confirm that I have clotting issues. He has ordered another 30 blood tests ranging from more Clotting tests (test that were not done by my OB that will tell us if I do have a clotting issue) to other tests that were not done by my OB ... All have to be done BEFORE my Day 1 rolls back around. (He wants them done ASAP...) Than on my CD3 and CD10 I will have more blood work done while on medication (Clomid 2 pills orally being taken daily between CD 5-9) . ... I will than have to schedule HSG (Hysterosalpingogram) done between CD 6-11. Than a Hysteroscopy done also between CD 6-11 but can only be done on Wed.(that is the day they have the space at the hospital) Tom also has to go for a battery of blood tests (Chromosomal and others). They also will do one more HCG on me to make sure my levels are down to 0. They did do an U/S today while I was thier, to make sure everything "looked" normal.. And he said my ovaries, tubes and the uterus appeared normal on the U/S. But the two tests above will look more closely at that.

He wants me to stay on one baby aspirin. (I got yelled at for taking 2) And keep taking the 1800 mcg of Folic acid I am taking.. and stay on the prenatal's I am on that have the B's in it.. If the tests come back + for the clotting he will put me on Folgard. (It has high dose folic acid, and B's all in one pill) He said IF I should get pregnant before all these tests... He will follow me closely. I wanted a plan for when I get pregnant.. As long as the blood work comes back clear (as in normal, no clotting issues) .. he will not put me on Lovenox. Just keep me on the baby aspirin.

SO IN WRAPS......... I STILL FEEL LIKE I HAVE ZERO ANSWERS! Ok... I know I have a lot of tests ahead before I get answers... BUT I WANT THEM NOW! I will get the blood work tomorrow.. and maybe just maybe some results will be back before I have to go in tomorrow night or Thurs.. SO I can peek again at work...

Sorry so long

Ok here is this list... Oh and I now hold the record for the Phlebotomist who drew my blood... Her record was 15..... She drew 17 tubes from me... (They are not aloud to draw more than 20)

This Dr's office draws EVERYTHING!! Leaves no stone unturned! Even things I know will come back Neg.. (I donate blood ever few months.. I KNOW I don't have HIV)

Factor V(Leiden)Mutation Analysis W/Reflex To Hr2 mutation
Antithrombin lii Activity
Protein C
ActivityProtein S
FreeProthrombin (Factor li) 20210g> A Mutation Analysis
Trombophilia Screen li, inherited (Includes about 6 different tests)
Homocystein, Cardiovascular
Cystic Fibrosis Carrier Screen
Hemoglobinopathy Evaluation
Hepatitis B Surface Antigen W/Refl Confirm
Prolactin
Rubella Immune Status
Varicella-Zoster Virus Igg Ab
CBC W/Diff
Cytomegalovirus Antibodies (Igg,Igm)
Abo Group And Rh Type
Hepatitis C Antibodies
Chlamydia/N. Gonorrhoeae Dna, Sda
Hiv Ab, Hiv 1/2 Eia, W/Refexes
Rpr (DX) W/Refl Titer and Confirmatory Testing
Htlv l/li Antibody, Eia W/Refl To Western Blot
Hepatitis B Core Ab Total W/Refl lgm
Chlamydia Trachomatis Ab (lga,lgm)
HCG Q.

No comments:

Post a Comment